Sunday, September 11, 2011

Saturday in Kosova

Different parts of our team were off doing different things today. Ivahn and Carolyn traveled to Gjakova to visit a former coordinator for Samaritan's Purse Children's Heart Project and exchange gifts.  A Kosovar family had gone to the US so their daughter could have corrective heart surgery.  Their host family sent a gift for the Kosovar family, and Alma will see that the package is delivered.  This is what she had to say:
Greetings!
I thought to let you know that I have met today with a family from Rochester. My God it felt like my life has been renewed, I felt like Sp is back again and CHP is here. Spending some time with them and just sharing with them for the work of Sp through  CHP in Kosova made my heart glad and thankful for having a chance to experience all of this and to plant His Seed around Kosova.   I wanted to be all the time with them, but unexpectedly at the church that I am going they gave me two duties to handle. I usually handle one but one of the members hasn't been well and I needed to cover her  and I found out while worship was taking place.  I had a great time, I want to keep them here but I understand they had to go. 
 
I got the package for Edona, I will go and visit her on Monday. Thank you for thinking of her.   I handle them the Bible and three other books ( great ones) but I couldn't find "I dare to call Him Father" in Albanian. 
 
Thought to let you know and I will keep you posted! You are a a blessing!
 
Love,
Alma

Later in the afternoon, we divided up into teams and canvassed several areas of the city center, engaging several of the locals in conversation.  One group struck up a conversation with a parking lot attendant who was also a teacher and student of philosophy.  The discussion soon led to spiritual matters, and the young man accepted the invitation to attend our church service tomorrow.  Despite being a strong Muslim community, people seem open to discussing "religious" things.  Another group had a conversation with a  group of 4 Kosovar young men, engaging them about family and travel and our purpose in Kosova.  When they stated we were working with a local pastor.   Spiritually speaking, the conversation seemed to end at that point.

Les had the opportunity to lecture at a pain conference in Prevalle today, which also provided a means of deepening friendships and developing potential ministry opportunities in the future through medical contacts.

Hearing the imam from several nearby mosques several times a day seems like it should be a call to reverence, however many people in the street seem to ignore them and it's life as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment